Hormone production declines with age most natural approach to treatment is by utilizing therapy that will replace what our body lacks with natural solutions.
Natural hormone replacement therapy has become popular not only to the fact that it is an effective approach but also by helping to minimize side effects and symptoms associated synthetic therapy approach.
Natural therapy is based on utilizing natural sources like yam and soy, unlike synthetic pharmaceutical approach that is based on harvesting hormones from pregnant horse urine.
Feel like yourself again. You can feel rested and energized. You can have a balanced mood and a body you love.
Dr. Alfred Randall Moss
Hormone Imbalance Triggers
Hormonal balance is vital to a healthy mind and body, but can be disrupted in many ways. Hormone fluctuations occur naturally, such as in puberty, menopause and perimenopause. Hormone imbalance may also be caused by toxins or an unbalanced lifestyle. Understanding the causes of hormone imbalance empowers us to prevent them, and at the same time, feel better, think better, and better prevent breast cancer.
Causes of Hormone Imbalance
- Poor Diet (excess sugars & carbohydrates) lack of healthy fats and oils, low fiber and water intake. Insufficient vitamins, minerals and nutrients processed and fast foods.
- Exposure to toxins such as preservatives, pesticides, smoke and other environmental toxins
- Stress (depletes the adrenal glands and can create an imbalance among all hormones)
- Lifestyle (lack of exercise, lack of sleep, alcohol intake, smoking)
Symptoms related to Hormone Deficiency
- Low Libido
- Mood swings, depression
- Weight gain
- Memory and cognitive decline
- Heart Disease
Correcting deficiencies of hormones, nutrients, vitamins, and removing heavy metals, drug and food toxins is very important in order to maintain a healthy body.
Hormone Imbalances may result in:
- Premature aging of the cells in the body and the increased risk of disease due to the increase of free radicals in the body.
- Thyroid deficiency with decreased levels of Iodine, Zinc, Selenium, Ferritin, and B-1.
- Bone loss due to hormonal decline of GH, Vitamin D, Progesterone, Estrogen and Testosterone.
- Memory decline due to nutrient deficiencies like B-12, B-6, Folate, and anti-oxidants.
- Loss of important hormones and essential nutrients like Insulin, Cortical, Zinc, Boron, Calcium, Magnesium, Potassium, Chromium and others.
- Cells damage and decreased function from toxicities and free radicals.
- Weight gain due to stress that increases Cortisol and Fat storage.
- In order to maintain healthy functioning mind and body it is important to balance hormones and nutrients.
Hormone Deficiencies in Females
Restoring hormones with the right combination of estrogen, progesterone, and testosterone hormone levels combines with a healthy lifestyle and appropriate diet will provide the tools to maintain a healthy vibrant lifestyle. Restoring hormones will also help with menopause symptoms such as hot flashes, mood swings, sleep disturbances, memory decline, weight gain, fatigue, and depression.
Low levels of progesterone may result in: weight gain, depression, anxiety, panic attacks, bone loss, lighter sleep, PMS, mood swings, fibroids, breast and ovarian cysts, and heavier or irregular bleeding.
Estrogen is a family of hormones, including estrone, estradiol and estriol which are primarily responsible for female reproductive processes and secondary sexual characteristics. Estrogen is produced by the ovaries and in smaller amounts by the adrenal cortex, testes and fetoplacental. At the onset of menopause estrogen declines sharply. Estrogen therapy is one good help to cope with deficiency and bring a hormonal balance in women and improve symptoms related to low estrogen levels. (Hot flashes, skin and vaginal dryness, frequent urinary infections, urine incontinence, bone loss, cognitive decline and premature aging.)
Decline testosterone levels can result in low libido, joint and bone pain, muscle weakness, loss of confidence mood changes, depression and fat gain.
Goals of NHRT
Fewer side effects than synthetic hormones
Alleviate the symptoms related to hormone imbalances
Provide protective benefits that hormones provide in early twenties
Re-establish proper optimal levels.
Benefits of Natural Hormone Replacement Thearapy
- Fewer side effects than synthetic hormones
- Protects against heart disease and stroke
- Improves cholesterol, lipid, and C-RP (C Reactive Protein)
- Helps regulate menstrual cycle and reduce bloating and cramps
- Reduces memory lapses
- Improves or eliminates night sweats and hot flashes
- Slower appearance of aging
- Improve sexual function
- Maintain healthy bones, muscles, and stamina
- Improve memory and cognitive function.
Hormone Imbalance In Males:
Testosterone Deficiency (TD), also known as hypogonadism, often goes ignored for men and women across the globe every day. Reduced Testosterone Deficiency diminishes the quality of life for many people, including, depression, weight gain, reduced competitive drive and sex life.
Recent medical research shows that restoring low testosterone deficiencies provides patients with a significant improvement in sexual function, as well as libido, mood, increased energy and overall well-being. In the past, heart attacks and prostate cancer has commonly been associated with testosterone restoration.
Recent studies now show that heart attacks and prostate cancer risks increase when the testosterone levels decline after age fifty and not when males are in early 20’s.
Studies demonstrate that it is low testosterone and high estrogen that increases high prostate cancer risks.
Within the upper ranges, preserving testosterone levels may lower the traumatic risk of cardiac and neurological incidents.
NHRT Benefits for Men Include:
- Improves sexual performance
- Reduce depression
- Increased energy and vitality
- Increase bone density
- Improve fertility and Increases production of sperm cells
- Reduce risk of heart disease
- Helps regulate cholesterol
- Develop lean muscle mass
- Improve brain function and ability to focus
- Slow aging process
- Improve kidney function